Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Walk in the Park, by Rock

After much texting and such, Noah Wyle and I had our first actual date (as opposed to just hanging out) last night. Since he is new(ish) to the city, I thought up a "best of my neighborhood" evening where we were to start with flights of beer at my favorite microbrewery, move on to dinner at my favorite burger place (his favorite food), then onto ice cream at the best little ice cream shop, and finishing with coffee and a walk through the park.

I know. I'm pretty awesome to go on a date with.

Except we didn't do all that.

It started off well enough with the beer and the burger, even if he admitted that he likes plain food and isn't the most adventurous. I can live with that. I even wasn't too upset when he was "too full for coffee" (?) and self-conscious about all of the evening. I could even deal with the fact that he was tired and suggested we save the walk through the park for another night. We came back to my place, watched part of a movie, had some pretty good foreplay, and okay sex.

What was awkward and confusing was though even though the energy seemed to be flowing, the conversation wasn't. He was quiet and I definitely read him as nervous and guarded. I called him out on it a few times, once a little rudely. He claims he's just quiet and takes a while to open up. He's so polite and thanked me for dinner literally five times. Very considerate.

But he's decided that we're gonna work out, which makes me want to run. I know my friends criticize me for going after guys that I have to chase/are unavailable, but there has to be something said if after hanging out a few times this guy is talking about how he'll work through The Sopranos with me if I like. I feel like there even isn't a lot of effort to get to know me: he likes what he's seen so far. He's content to just hang out.

I don't know. It's not my style.

But there's some energy and attraction.

I am not sure if I wanna give him one more chance or just do the "it's not working out" talk. I think I'm over it, but not sure if I owe him one more.

I really was rooting for us.


1 comment:

  1. You and your theme dates. You are so gay. ;)

    I think you should just talk to him rather than waste your time and his on a third date. Really, it sounds like he wants a boyfriend right now, and he happens to like you, so BAM. Whatever his reasons, I've been leery since he asked you for sexual exclusivity when you'd met TWICE. It would be different if you two had known each other for a while in real life. But no, you had met TWICE. There's something off about that. Not dangerous off, but off nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete