Friday, June 10, 2011

Yes That's All There Is, by Doris



Back in November, Rock approached me about embarking on a dating odyssey and blogging about it. Little did I know this was a trick to get me to, you know, date.


And it worked. Rock, you are a coy bastard.


I'm not ending the six months with a boyfriend, or even a boy toy. But I am ending with a new freedom.


I haven't forgotten Excalibur. I still miss him sometimes. Maybe that will never fully go away.


I still don't know what will happen with Jim Berger. I'm attracted and he's fun, but he's also hot-and-cold and I'm not sure if it's worth the drama. As of now, it's still very much will-they-or-won't-they? And I'm okay with that.


I've been stood up. I've dated guys I shouldn't be dating. I've lusted after coworkers, had ex run-ins, drunk texts and awkward phone calls, and I still don't know whether finding The One will ever be a priority for me.


I've also found the freedom to openly write about my past, which had been an issue for me. And I've found my writing (both on this blog and in other outlets under my real name) has an honesty it's previously lacked.


So thank you. For reading, for commenting, for being in the dating trenches with Rock and me.


This morning on my Facebook feed, there was a quote from The L Word: "And as they say, men come and go, but your friends are forever."


With friends like Rock, I'll never be alone.


Be well, in love and in life.


Au revoir,


Doris

5 comments:

  1. I am going to miss this blog so much, it has been a good time riding along with you on this journey! And just when I got the courage to do online dating myself, you guys sign off... very sad but I wish you both the best of luck! :) Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah, so I just discovered your blog today, the day *after* you finished it. This is a great disappointment, because what I've seen so far is pretty entertaining. Good work, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss reading up on you guys.... good luck wih everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... your site is great and is filled with valuable information about free online dating... Your site really helped me to find singles online and to get into relationship. I will recommend you site to all of my single friends.

    Online single man from Talkative Times www.talkativetimes.com - Date singles online for free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is very informative. I'll be coming over again and again to see the wondeful info you have to share about dating.

    ReplyDelete