Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A really awesome date, by Rock

So on Sunday night I had a bit of an unconventional date planned. It went really well though. Surprisingly well.

I went over to their place after work, which was conveniently about a block and a half away. We had drinks and talked for a bit before watching Tangled. The energy was there, and by the end of the movie we were cuddling. Soon after clothes came off and we headed to the bedroom for an incredible time. I was told, "Of course you'll stay and cuddle, right?" I was offered an extra toothbrush and to see if their extra phone charger would fit my phone (it did! win!). Just a really fantastic night all around where I really felt a connection. Before I left in the morning, plans were made to hang out again very soon.

Well if you haven't caught on that I'm using a plural pronoun yet... the date was with a couple.

I met one of them on grindr earlier in the week, and after hitting it off he admitted that he had a relationship of two years and they were looking to open it up. They wanted someone they could be friends with, they didn't just want an anonymous person to come in and drop trou. Everything they said while talking to both of them convinced me that they were going about it in the absolute best possible way. We made plans for Sunday night and you just heard the rest.

They were such a great couple, it was great to be a part of it for a while. Their affection for each other was contagious. Opening up a relationship isn't something I think I could do personally, but they took such great care of each other during the "exploration" that I'm glad it works for them, because honestly it was a really fun, hot night. I'm looking forward to having two new friends, and if we happen to fool around again, that's okay too. But really that's just icing.

Other updates:

Still haven't heard back from Faux Spaniard. I almost feel like writing again expressing my sadness that he doesn't want to be friends. Not to try and change his mind, but to get across that I really did want that.

Haven't heard from Scrubs since our mutual night out.

Charlie and I continue to text about once a day and are hanging out tomorrow.

Was out with Doris last night at a gay bar and had a great time. Gay men seem to find her fabulous. A cute guy came over and hit on me last night, which is rare. He was cute enough and was doing everything right, talking to Doris and me instead of just me, etc etc, and did get my phone number, but then this guy I know from college came over who was kind of being a dramatic downer and this new guy kind of got in a diva-off with him, which wasn't the most attractive thing. If he asks I'll still get coffee with him though, because in all honestly the guy from college was being kind of annoying.

3 comments:

  1. The couple sound wonderful, and it seems they are doing everything right. Dan would definitely approve! He always says that with a threesome, you can’t expect the third to just disappear into the ether after you’re done. The third is a person and you have to treat him/her as such, even if it’s just a one time thing. I think open relationships wouldn’t have such a taboo if more couples acted like this one!

    Dude, I AM fabulous. You wouldn’t want your girl any other way. :)

    Yeah…I wasn’t going to say anything about your friend, but I really don’t like it when people refer to me in the third person when I am standing right there.

    As for the Faux Spaniard, I think it’s nice you made your sincerity known and left it at that.

    As for Scrubs, he is both a baby gay AND a med student. That’s a lot a lot a lot to take on unless you are really serious about the person.

    As for Charlie, it’ll be interesting to see what transpires tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for open, inclusive, fully communicative relationships! They're hard to come by, but when they're done well, they're an absolute ton of fun. If you stay comfortable with the situation and everybody is enjoying it, then keep at it, boy!

    If med school boy is on a similar schedule as my sister's boyfriend, they're probably nearing end of term and exam crunch time.

    Don't worry about the Faux Spaniard. He needs to handle it his own way and if he can't find it in himself to be friends, then there's nothing you can do to change it. At least, nothing that you wouldn't regret in the long run.

    I hope things go well with Charlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Doris- Yeah he was on a roll last night. Friend is definitely too strong a term for him. Mild acquaintance at best. :) Thanks for putting up with him with me!

    @Debbie- That's good to remember about Scrubs's schedule. I will keep that in mind if he gets in touch eventually. But yeah he seems too busy that I don't think it could ever be more than a casual thing.

    Both of you have convinced me not to contact Faux Spaniard again. You're right. It's his to do with as he pleases.

    ReplyDelete