Sunday, May 29, 2011

Drunk Text, by Doris

I lied. This is another Jim Berger post (but a short one).

Three emails Friday afternoon and evening.

And then...

I woke up Saturday morning to find this on my phone:

"Drunk text. I do it sometimes too."

Properly spelled and capitalized. AND a callback to a few weeks ago when we exchanged numbers and I said I promised not to drunk text him, as I am wont to do.

A few hours later, I texted: "Coffee. Eggs. Water. Ibuprofen."

Right back at me: "Coffee. V-8. Work. Oy."

And I left it at that.

Don't worry, I'm still strong.

But because I'm all about being honest on the blog I will admit:

It made me smile just a little.

2 comments:

  1. If you ever hang out with him, you are at some point required to call him out on his shitty behavior regarding the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh absolutely. I've dealt with at least two other guys for whom adult communication was an issue, and I'm really not doing it anymore. Nowadays, if you give me shit, you are called out on it. I don't care how cute you are.

    ReplyDelete