Monday, May 2, 2011

So Wrong Yet So Right, by Doris

Quick updates:

1. Bonding with a guy over Danny Pudi (comedic genius) via OKCupid messaging. He also correctly guessed the origin of my screen name. Granted, this can be accomplished via Google, but still, points for effort!

2. Trying to arrange a meetup time with Wings. Feels like we've been messaging forever, as I had to take a little break to get some personal stuff in order.

3. This guy sent me a "ur hot" message. Normally that is a dealbreaker. Then I saw his six-pack. I messaged him back.

4. Had a great conversation with a coworker (not Jim Berger) about exes, craving alone time, and hearing your neighbors have sex. Nothing romantic, just fun to bond over stupid dating and relationship stories.

5. Speaking of JB, he sent me a cute email and referred to me as Ms. Doris. MS. Sa-fucking-WOON.

Oh, and this song is playing in the coffee shop and I love it.

2 comments:

  1. It made me really happy that (only) one of these had to do with Jim Berger! Just the right amount of him in my life.

    Go for the six pack. Seriously. Seriously it makes me happy because you used to have a thing for guys that weren't too pretty (your admission). I'm happy you have the confidence to take this on (rightfully so).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t know if my not liking pretty guys is so much a confidence thing as it is a matter of taste. The Gap ad type has never really done it for me. That said, sometimes there is an element of “he’s too hot for someone like me,” so yeah, meeting an abs-of-steel for a drink could be fun. Provided those pics are real and he’s not 50 and fat.

    Glad you approve of the Jim Berger Balance. ;P I did tell someone (not at work) yesterday: I’m having fun with this mild flirtation and I’m not going to feel guilty about it. I’m not doing anything wrong. Plus, it’s hard not to have a little affection for someone who believes you’re talented and is trying to help you put it out there (Excalibur was never too supportive of the writing thing). Like I commented on an earlier post, the old Doris would have been satisfied with this workplace thing. The new Doris is enjoying it but is pursuing other dudes.

    ReplyDelete