Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentimes!, by Rock

Oh February 14. I really want to like you. I want you to be an awesome day. I really thought it was going to happen this year. Still, I'll focus on that future February 14 when I'll be happily in love or like or crushing and not hate on the holiday. I think it's a fun one at heart (see what I did there?).

Tonight I'll be making drinks for couples that are too poor/don't care enough to go to a restaurant nicer than my own. I'll be trying not to think about how 2.0 will be at a concert surrounded by tons and tons of other gays.

Seriously I hope he has fun.

Seriously I hope he thinks of me a few times today.

In "jumping back into things too quickly" news, I've been talking to a few boys on OKCupid.

I have a date with one of them on Tuesday. Grabbing dinner between class and a "gay wine night" at a friend's place. He seems nice enough. Pretty witty. At a similar place in his life as I am. His pictures are a little weird: they all look a little different so I need to see him in person so see which one is most accurate, hear his voice, feel his energy.

Another guy is incredibly sexy looking. He has a beard. He plays in a band. We have a 94% match. I think we would get along very well.

One thing. It says on his profile that he doesn't want children. I realize it's too soon to think about that now, but it does give me pause. I don't need a Monica/Richard situation where we fall in love and then have to end it and hurt because we want different futures.

But I couldn't get over that beard or the 94% (most of my matches in the 90s are uggo). So I started a conversation that is going well I believe, though he may be trying to veer it into the friend zone.

Then there's another guy that I started a conversation with because he has a picture where he's wearing a baseball hat of the team I like (which is weird around here). He wrote back gushing about me and how awesome I looked and would I like to meet up for a drink.

So I called him out on his over-enthusiasm, made fun of him a little bit, and now we're having a normal conversation and getting to know each other.

I'm usually turned off when guys are a little too into me, but we've seen time and time again how that works out. So I'm entertaining this a little. If we do eventually meet and he's not terribly tragic, it could be good.

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, did you stumble upon MY Profile by mistake? Because I LOVE beards and bands!

    I know what you mean about guys being too into you. I'm not a game player, but I like a little give and take. If I wanted overenthusiastic, I'd get a puppy.

    ReplyDelete