Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Today is going to be hell, by Rock

I went into work last night so I sent an email instead of calling. I just asked him to think of plans and that I was sorry I wouldn't get to chat with him that night. I got a reply that it sucked I had to work, but he would think of something for us to do and then let me know.

No doubt he is now trying to think of some public place that is near one of our apartments that won't scream "break-up location." Will he be nice and pick a place by me?

I wish we could just do this over the phone or email. We both know it's coming. Maybe he doesn't know that I know. I haven't made it easy on him. I haven't played his "let's cut all sentiment and emotion out of our conversations" game. Let him struggle with this.

But no good night text, no good morning text. This from someone who used to do it on a regular basis. All the time. Pretty sure we have an EE#7 on our hands!

I don't know what I did wrong. I don't know why he grew disenchanted and not into it. But I do know that he deserves to be with someone he's into, and that I deserve to be with someone who is into me.

Today just happens to be our two month anniversary!

1 comment:

  1. I know you're not a big fan of Mad Men, but there was a moment in the season finale where the main character had gone on a trip and fallen in love with/proposed to someone else, so he was on the phone with his soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend, trying to get her to meet him somewhere public. She basically said, "I know what you're going to do, so just say it now and don't waste my time."

    I can understand giving someone the dignity of a face-to-face meeting, and for sure the words "breakup" and "text" should not exist in the same sentence. But I could understand the female character's point. The waiting has to be excruciating.

    I'm here for you.

    ReplyDelete