Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Last Ditch Effort, by Rock

Well you'll get to hear more about awful first dates from me! And we have a possible contender for EE#7 (though I don't know if he added to my baggage at all, if anything he lightened the load).

It's over. 2.0 and I talked. It's been feeling more platonic for him for a while. He was rooting for us, tried to make it work, but it wasn't for him. I agreed that we both deserved better than this situation.

It was a good talk. It was personal, and I don't feel like going into a lot of it. We were both sad and respectful and it was very adult. We hugged and said good-bye.

Talked to my two absolute besties on the phone. Had some alone time with some comfort TV and food. Sent out a mass text to my buds (including Doris of course). Got a few to meet me out in a bit for some drinks at a bar and NOT talk about the break-up. I just want to have fun. Not looking to rebound AT ALL, but if a cute guy makes eyes at me, it would really make me smile.

This was good though. It was the closest I've come to dating a man instead of a boy. No regrets.


3 comments:

  1. Sorry it didn't work out with 2.0. Sounds like you're staying positive, though, which is good. Better luck next time. (I wish I had something other than cliches to write to make you feel better, but I haven't had any caffeine in a few hours and I think it's affecting my brain.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakups are never easy, but it sounds like you and 2.0 were very grown-up and honest about it, which says a lot for the both of you.

    Had an amazing time last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! I'm doing okay. It stings more than hurts. Jumped right back into OkCupid today. I don't think I'm ready for a date yet, but I'm ready for some messaging and such.

    And boy am I hungover. My friends rock. :)

    ReplyDelete