Thursday, February 10, 2011

A few days later..., by Rock

It stings, but it doesn't hurt. If I keep telling myself that, it's true, right?

I keep trying to remember all of the ways that he wasn't a perfect match, even though they were all imperfections I could live with.

I had saved one of his little wrapped Starburst presents. I decided that if I threw it away, I was attaching too much sentimental value to it, so I made myself eat them.

I hurried up and got on Connexion and OKCupid and changed my status to single and blocked him on both sites because it would have killed me if he got to it first.

And I've been doing pretty well. My friends are great at distracting me. Right now is a little rough. I had a few drinks with a friend while watching tv and cooking dinner. That was great fun. But then I got on OKCupid. Seriously there are some uggos on there. Seriously the one guy that is hot and has a high match rate with me has been online without writing me back. Still I'm shooting out messages and trying to aim high.

I'm really trying hard to be selective. There was a time where I wouldn't really worry if someone wanted kids or not. Now if they don't want kids, I won't message them even if they're uber-hot. If they're super Christian, I'm not down. If someone is witty and funny and seems amazing but not super attractive, sorry that I'm shallow but I really think it's nicer to just not engage than to realize in two weeks that their gut isn't working for me. I'm (finally) to the point where there are better things to do than to go on a first date with someone that is going to be a problem eventually.

I realized I shouldn't be looking for another guy to make me happy. I should recover on my own first. But a distraction is a distraction!

Since I was already feeling a little down, I emailed 2.0 to ask him to find a way to get some stuff back to me. I'm hoping he just mails it, but I can handle a 2 minute encounter if need be. I will not be picking it up though. It's on him. Not in a vindictive way, but in a "it's only fair" way.

Tomorrow night is going to be a little rough because I wanted to be at this concert with him, but what can you do? Blerg. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aaagh, this!

    I know it was an entirely different deal, but I'm a little more stung about the Russian than I should be. Seriously, a text to tell me he couldn't see me anymore would have helped. I would have understood. I wouldn't have fought it.

    And yeah, I'm getting kinda picky on OKC as well. Sadly, most of the guys who message me aren't making the cut--they're either not attractive or I don't like their profile. I think picky is a good thing.

    Hang in there, babe. It's interesting we both sort of had an end this week.

    ReplyDelete