Friday, February 18, 2011

Big Fat Sigh, by Doris

In my messages tonight:

"You are heart-aching-adorable."

Aw. Too bad he sports a nasty soul patch. I can't get past that.

"Finally, someone who agrees Mike was the superior MST3K host."

Aw. Too bad he kind of resembles Fat Neil from Community. Can't get past that either.

And now, Doris' rules of OKCupid engagement:
1. Please don't ask me out in the first message--like before I've even messaged you back. You wouldn't walk up to somebody and ask them to coffee without exchanging a few words first, right?
2. If your username/screenname/handle/whatever contains a reference to masturbation...just no.
3. Photos of you in a bar with your friends? Cool. Photos of you with a cigarette and/or joint hanging out of your mouth? Ew.
4. I want to know you've actually read my profile. A message about my hotness doesn't indicate that. On the contrary, it tells me you're sending the same damn thing to 15 girls.
5. If we're on a date and you discreetly and politely check me out, that's fine. If you are sending me a message complimenting the size of my chest, you WILL get a rude retort right before I block your ass.

And finally...

6. If you don't post at least ONE picture of yourself, I won't assume you're too hot for the interwebs. I WILL assume: a) there's something seriously wrong with you physically, b) you're too damn lazy to press a button, which does not bode well for how you will treat me in public and private, or c) all of the above.

Have no fear, gentle readers and snarky Rock: there are a few gentlemen with definite potential I'm messaging with.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through a plug by UnprofessionalCritic on TVgasm, and just wanted to say that I'm really liking your blog. I've never been a fan of personal blogs unless a good friend is the author, and have never found the focus of dating enticing or relatable no matter what the medium is, but yours is a fun read. I wish you both well with your dating adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anon! Keep reading, commenting, and spread the word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon, we love you! My friend Unpro has been awesome about helping us get the word out. Please, tell your friends about this blog!

    ReplyDelete