Thursday, April 14, 2011

Twofer, by Rock

Went on this first date last night with this guy that reminded me of Twofer from 30 Rock because he was a skinny black dude with super short hair that went to Harvard.

He was cute, but his breath smelled. We also went to a place that specializes in ridiculously awesome and intricate cocktails and he ordered a beer he knew he liked.

He also just kept talking at me, whether it be about his job or short stories that were in Spanish so I couldn't read them if I wanted to or foreign films I hadn't seen.

The times we were actually having a conversation were great, but I was getting so annoyed every time he was just talking at me.

It was clear he was into it, kept touching my arm and getting closer to me. I felt like he was trying to connect with me, but I was so impatient to just get home and be in bed.

I definitely need a little break from dates. They're just getting more and more frustrating when they don't work out. If someone gets in touch with me, that's great. I'll consider it. But I'm not actively seeking for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Things I hate:

    1) When you go to a place that specializes in something and the person orders something boring. Come on!

    2) People who talk at you. The Russian did this shit too, though I did call him on it. A conversation involves TWO people, at least. It's shocking how many just don't get this.

    3) Bad breath. Gross. Brush your teeth, pop some Altoids, chew some gum. No excuses. (Ditto for B.O. To quote Cartman: "Dude, it's called deodorant. Seriously. It's not expensive."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I got a text this morning asking if I wanted to hang out again. I've just ignored it so far. I probably should respond, but I feel like ignoring it is pretty standard for the first date. What do you say anyway? "Just wasn't feeling it!" "Sorry, dude, but I'm actually not interested."

    That being said, we need to go to this bar soon. You will like it.

    ReplyDelete