Friday, April 8, 2011

Should I Stay Or Should I Go?, by Doris

So remember The Hair, the guy I very briefly talked about before I immediately jumped into stressing about my attraction to my friend's ex-boyfriend?

Me neither.

The reason I didn't talk about the date that much is because, really, there wasn't much to talk about. We met up for coffee, had a nice conversation, hugged good-bye. He said he'd like to hang out again, I said sure. It wasn't until four or five days later I realized I hadn't heard from the guy.

Four or five days.
At that point I barely remembered I had a date with him. So it was probably better he didn't follow up, right?

That's what I thought, and then I heard from him again. Apparently he got pretty sick right after our date (don't know whether I believe that, don't really care. At least he acknowledged he hadn't contacted me). He apologized, wants to get together again.

What do I do, you guys?

Yes, there's one other guy I'm messaging with who I think has potential, but other than that the dudes aren't exactly banging down my door a la Rock. I've done some messaging here and there, but haven't heard back from most of the guys. I'm going to try to put in some more time on OKCupid this weekend.

In other words, I don't want to be TOO picky. And it's true, this guy was a lot easier to talk to than Straight Anthony Rapp, so I don't think a second date would be nearly as awkward. It's just...meh. I'm not excited, and aren't you supposed to be a little excited this early in the game? Then again, I don't want to miss out on anything.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Haha yeah I've been a winner lately. :)

    Go on the second date. Why not? But keep looking and maybe try out a different site. And for gods sake, go to a bar with me or one of your female friends. You wouldn't want me cockblocking you. Guys might be intimidated by my dashing good looks and incredibly masculinity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh, it's not a competition. :) You and I are looking for different things.

    Let's plan a straight bar night soon, then. I don't worry about getting cockblocked. I don't like the guys you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A winner. Not the winner.

    Also, cockblocked is just getting in the way of sex, it is not stealing someone away from someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that. I realized what exactly you were saying shortly after I wrote this post. Ugh, Fridays when I'm burned out and can't comprehend anything are the worst!

    ReplyDelete