Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bullet Points, by Rock

This has been a pretty quiet week on my end. Super busy. I felt like I needed to update though when I had to check to see what my last update was about.

Developments of note:

*Went on a date with a guy off of Scruff. We got along super well... in the most platonic way ever. When he texted the next day to say that he had a good time, I told him I did as well though it felt very platonic. He agreed and we've promised to be friends. We will see if that happens.

*Started emailing and now texting with another med student on OkCupid. He is at the end of the semester so we won't have a first date for a few weeks, but he seems really promising. I just wish we didn't start talking now, because I don't want to run out of steam in the next two weeks. I guess that's really not too far away and I should just be patient. As for now, we've been texting just the right amount. I get excited when I get one. I'm not overloaded with them. As always though, nothing more than cautious optimism until I actually meet him. Also, for as great as he seems, he is short. Call me an ass. Half a foot is a big difference.

*I deleted Scruff and Grindr from my phone. They're time wasters. I haven't had anything remotely close to good luck meeting people on them. I'm only going to get myself in trouble on them. Who knows if they'll be back on my phone eventually, but they are gone for now.

*This guy and I both rated each other highly on quickmatch. He wrote right away to suggest a drink. I logged on to read the message but didn't have time to respond so I was saving it for tonight. I just got ANOTHER message saying that he hoped he didn't come off crazy in the first message and hopes we can hang out sometime. Dude. You didn't seem crazy until you sent the second one. Just lost your chance. I am tempted to write and tell him that.

*I have just been craving alone time and friend time lately. I am pretty first-dated out. I wish I could skip that first month of dating and just be at that comfortable stage. Have someone to cuddle with. Oh well. Can you tell I'm on my second glass of wine?

And that's pretty much it.

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to your statement about being "first-dated out". For me, there's so much uncertainty about first dates because the whole point of a first date is to figure out if there will be a second one. I can always tell when people are on first dates because of how they act. For example, I saw two guys who I could tell were on a first date because it sounded more like they were interviewing each other than having an actual conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha oh the interview.
    "So where are you from?"
    "When did you come out? Was that hard for you?"
    "Have you had a lot of relationships?"

    I can always tell how well a date is going because if it's going well we don't need to hit those topics. At least not right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NW and Rock: hell YES on the interview! I knew my second date with Straight Anthony Rapp wasn’t going well when he started asking me those types of questions…some of which he’d asked on our first date!

    I think Liz said something like this on 30 Rock once: “I just want to skip the first dates, and the sibling listing, and just get to the part where we watch TV together!” Amen. At this point in time I’d so rather go out with friends and be comfortable than do yet another messaging/texting/coffee schtick with a dude I’m not that excited about to begin with.

    ReplyDelete