Sunday, April 17, 2011

We We We So Not Excited, by Doris

I'll keep this short, but I'm supposed to see The Hair tonight (we rescheduled from Friday). We are going to a bar in his neighborhood I've always wanted to go to, which is a plus.

And I can think of a million things I'd rather be doing.

He is perfectly nice, but a) I get the feeling he's way more excited about this than I am, and b) he called me "pretty girl" in a text.

Now, I know we've only been on one date and many girls like that kind of thing and he doesn't know me well enough to know this, but:

I don't really go for those kind of endearments. It just squicks me out even if the guy is not squicky.

I'm going to try to keep an open mind, but honestly it will probably be one drink and go.

Will report back.

(P.S. Did anyone see Parks and Recreation? Did anyone else have a REALLY hard time believing Leslie was the only one opposed to those two getting married? Though I did love her line about falling for the Civil War re-enactor.)

2 comments:

  1. You have to remember that P&R takes place in a small city similar to where we grew up. People get married young and quickly all the time. And really, are these two ever going to do any better?

    I dunno, I thought it was all a little rushed but a little sweet.

    Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think Andy CAN do better--he's a little dumb, but he's a sweetheart. I've always found April to be a spoiled brat. I know she's young and immature, but really my favorite April moments are when someone calls her on it. Aubrey Plaza just grates on me...she has one schtick she doesn't even do all that well. I will give the P&R writers credit, however, for knowing just how much April is tolerable in one episode. (It was really fun to see Derek and Ben again though.)

    ReplyDelete