Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yellow Haired Female Likes Waffles and News, by Doris

So I'm on hookup hiatus for a week or two. I'm moving apartments: within my neighborhood, but still, it's super stressful. And of course there have been some complications and drama with the move. Ugh. I just want to wake up in my new place with all my stuff unpacked: is that too much to ask? I think not!

Haven't heard from The Hair since our last date, making me think he got the hint. I wish him well. He's a nice guy and I'm sure he won't have a problem finding someone who's into him.

With Jim Berger's encouragement, I have started to submit for freelance opportunities. I think about him sometimes when I'm not at work. And please don't yell at me in the comments--I know nothing's going to happen. I'm just at a point where I'm tired of the whole messaging/texting/awkward first dates dance. I really related to last week's Parks and Recreation, where Leslie attempts online dating. Leslie says something like she'd rather have something that wasn't perfect, but that she knew and liked.

Again, I know nothing's going to happen, I know I like it because it's safe and I need to keep putting myself out there. I know all of this.

But I'll own it: sometimes I wish he hadn't dated my friend.

2 comments:

  1. I've never really had a crush on a friend's ex/current boyfriend, mainly because my friends and I are attracted to different types of guys. But I agree that it would definitely be a tough situation to like someone that your friend dated. At least you got something good out of the situation, which is that now you're embarking on a freelance writing career. And that could definitely be interesting.

    ReplyDelete