Monday, March 28, 2011

Sent to Faux Spaniard, by Rock

I'm a pussy. I know it. I should have taken care of it earlier, but I really am busy every evening this week.

But sent to the Faux Spaniard via (shudder) Facebook...

(Faux Spaniard)!

So I wanted to run something by you, which I had every intention of doing on the phone, but I got sick and couldn't talk, and now I have evening shifts everyday this week. With our opposite schedules, I thought I could send you a message without it looking too sheepish. If I feel the need to justify it more, I could bring up that I'm much more articulate when writing.

Anyways, the last few times we have hung out, I have had a fantastic time. However, the energy has seemed to shifted into more of a platonic area. I'm not sure if it's just our energy or if it has something to do with where I'm at in life right now, but that's what I'm feeling. I was definitely rooting for us, because you're cute and fun and it all seems like it should work out, but it just isn't for me.

I've been hesitant to talk to you about this, because I'm afraid you won't want to be friends. So often "let's just be friends" is used as a line, but I really do think we have a lot of fun together. I'm really hoping we can continue to hang out.

Hope you had a good weekend. Sorry again for the lame use of facebook instead of in person.

-(Rock)

3 comments:

  1. Eh, it's not like you did it via Post-It. Or pulled a Russian-esque disappearing act.

    A friend was once dumped via email, but that was a serious relationship. In cases where it's not so serious, but you want to get your point across in an eloquent manner, I think a message is fine. Personally, I'd rather read something like this and digest it in private, than be on the phone or in person where my reaction can be seen/heard.

    Then again, I'm a writer and I'm more comfortable typing than talking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the validation. He hasn't responded yet, but I'll let everyone know how he took it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Doris on this one. It's not like you guys were in anything exclusive or even serious. A message is fine. Whether or not you get a response is now on him and, if you haven't heard anything yet, I'm going to assume that you won't hear anything. So be it. Just keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete