Sunday, March 6, 2011

Two-Date Week, by Doris

So my date with Winkie, which was supposed to be Friday night, got postponed to next Saturday because he got stuck in a meeting. Because it was a long-ass week and I'm just that lame, I was in bed by ten on Friday, so it all worked out.

I'm looking at this as a practice date a la Rivers-a-like. Because I got sidetracked by the Russian, I haven't been out with a guy in a while. Time to jump back in.

Also, yes, I am meeting Midnight Cowboy on Thursday. I have a work event that's going to run late anyway, and it always takes me a while to come down from those. The deal is, we have to meet at a bar near my house. I am going to text Rock the guy's phone number just in case. I have pepper spray and I'm not afraid to use it.

In the comments section of my last post, Rock got to talking about one-night stands. I don't have a problem with one-night stands. Who knows, either or both of these guys could turn into that. However, I don't think I'm at that point yet. If I were, I'd drag my friends out to a bar. I don't think I'd mind casual sex, but as more of an ongoing thing. And yes, I'm aware that some one-night stands do turn into more. But I have mixed feelings.

And as I said in my response, I don't have an issue with booty calls or one-night stands. But maybe let's be more upfront about it and not call it a "date."

If this doesn't make sense to you, don't worry. It doesn't make sense to me either.

6 comments:

  1. You are doing that girl thing where you say you want/don't want things that are conflicting. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, what? I'M A GIRL? And here I thought the breasts and vagina were for show. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wasn't talking biologically, I was talking in that slightly misogynistic, "girls are confusing" way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me think of Leslie Knope on Parks & Recreation saying, "bitches be crazy" and shrugging. :)

    Dudes are just as confusing. If not more so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha you are just contradicting yourself because you don't want emotional attachment and you do want sex, but you don't want a one-night stand. What's the difference between planning on meeting someone at a bar, getting to know them, and having sex and serendipitously meeting someone at a bar unplanned, getting to know them, and having sex?

    ReplyDelete