Friday, January 28, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane, by Rock

So it should come to no surprise to anyone reading this that I am a narcissist.

Not so much in the "god, I'm beautiful" way (okay, a little), but more in the "it's all about me" way.

And a lot of times, when someone is in a bad mood, I assume I have something to do with it.

I have to realize I'm not that important all of the time.

2.0 had the week of all weeks at work. Issues with a crazy coworker, getting ready for this big conference, it was rough for him. So he was more than a little distant the few times we got to talk. Since we had an at-odds weekend last weekend, I thought it had something to do with me. Either way, between last weekend and the distance during the week, I was really going to use the trip this weekend to evaluate the relationship.

To the point that I almost didn't want to see him last night, like we had had planned for over a week (RHOBH reunion, yo!). I thought that one more "off" night before the trip would be a bad idea.

Luckily, he had already started to relax. Like with a child, I rewarded the positive behavior: "You seem so much more relaxed tonight! I was worried about you the past few days."

As we were falling asleep, I told him (as we often do to each other), "I like you, mister."

He responded, "Haha. I don't know why."

"You told me how January was going to be. I totally get it. But yes, I am looking forward to February."

"Me too."

His busy month came at a really bad time relationship-wise. If it was the first month of dating, we probably would have only seen each other once a week and it would have been fine and normal. A few more months in, and we would have had a more solid foundation. The second month, at least where we were, seemed to be a lot about setting routine, and I'm not going to lie, I got a little scared. There are so many ways that we're a good match, however, that it was worth putting in the time to see how February will go. Judging by last night, it should be great.

I came home to pack and such, then I'll head back to his place with a bottle of champagne in hand (complete with subtextual message of "Your craziness is over for a few days, let's just have fun.") and suitcase rolling behind me. Can't wait!

By the way, everyone ask Doris if she burned her neck with a curling iron. I have no idea why she hasn't posted about that yet!

1 comment:

  1. You are a narcissist. An EVIL narcissist for bringing up the "curling iron burn"!

    Naw, I feel ya. I am the queen of taking things personally. Whenever a friend, family member or lover (haha, I know you hate that word) seems slightly stressed out around me, I automatically attribute it to my failures as a person. More often than not it's got absolutely nothing to do with me. I am learning to process that, but slowly.

    2.0 wasn't the only one who had the week of all weeks at work. New post forthcoming!

    ReplyDelete