Tuesday, January 4, 2011

How Did This Happen?, by Doris

I went from being a total zero with the menfolk, to having two dates in three days, with two different guys. How did this happen?

Oh, right. I joined OKCupid.

Unlike with the practice date, I'm kind of excited about both guys. They're very appealing, in different ways. They're also both younger than I, one by two years and one by five. I keep telling myself it's not age, it's place in life. Which has been very true in my experience: Rock is almost five years younger and one of the most together people I know, whereas Ex-calibur is a year older and could be the biggest baby alive.

I thought I'd blown it yesterday with the 25-year-old. He gave me his phone number, but I'm not great at talking on the phone. The only person I did it with on a regular basis was Rock while he was away. Also, I call my parents every week. But other than that, I'm a texting and Facebook kinda gal (which Dr. Douchebag totally made fun of me for. Good riddance, asshole).

So I texted this guy on my lunch break just to say hi. He said hi back, but it kind of petered out. Of course I freaked out about that a little and blamed myself--I should have had a conversation in mind or initiated things a little more, but instead I got distracted and started working on some writing. If I wanted a conversation, I should have made time for one.

Yet today he asked me out. So I guess I didn't screw up too bad.

Why do I always stress out so much and then it turns out okay? Ugh.

But on the plus side, yay! I have two dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment