Friday, January 21, 2011

Pajama Pants and Television, by Rock

On Tuesday he came over, I cooked dinner, we watched a movie, we fell asleep.

Oh Thursday I helped him run an errand, we picked up a frozen pizza and went back to his place, we watched TV, and fell asleep.

He told me January was going to be bad. He apologized over and over for how busy and tired he was going to be.

I'm trying to realize it means a lot that he even wants to share his necessary, quiet "alone" time. And by trying, I mean I do. And I do like quiet nights at home cooking dinner and relaxing. I just also like the occasional adventure and miss that excitement of a "date" instead of just "hanging out." And I like having sex.

The good thing is, I know we are on the same page. He warned me that January would be rough and he's continued the apologies. He keeps talking about how excited he is for the month to be over and our trip at the end of the month.

I asked him to help me go suit shopping on Saturday. He suggested I just spend the night tonight after work. I said that would be great, we could sleep in and then head over to the store. He added, "And have sexy times. It's been too long."

I just laughed and said, "Yup. I mean, I understand and get it and it's fine, but yup." And we laughed together and cuddled closer and fell asleep.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand his having a rough month (every workplace has a different one--you know which one it is for me because I cry a lot for four weeks). I think you are great for being so accommodating.

    However--and this is nothing against 2.0, just an observation--relationships are about give and take. I'm not saying he has an obligation to fool around with you, but sometimes it's nice to give your partner a little somethin' somethin' even when you're not 100% in the mood.

    Tell him that fooling around relieves stress AND headaches! That last part is totally true. I learned it in high school. :)

    ReplyDelete