Friday, March 18, 2011

Just to Lighten the Mood, by Doris

So guess who texted me yesterday?

Midnight Cowboy!

Dude must have some serious hornypants.

He asked if I was still interested in getting together. I said yes, but to be honest I wasn't super comfortable with having a first date at midnight. He said he understood, but mornings were no good because he's "quite nocturnal." His words.

Maybe it's because I'm exhausted and overworked, but I was SO tempted to reply: "You must be very proud."

In short, we couldn't agree on a time, so I told him to text me next week if he's still interested.

You know, I have friends in the service industry. And they all date during normal hours.

When I relayed all this to Rock, he replied that "quite nocturnal" could be a euphemism for "on meth."

I love Rock.

2 comments:

  1. Rock could be right about that!
    But I also have to wonder, if you and the Midnight Cowpoke (hah hah) have such difficulty even setting up an initial date how does that bode for the future? You said in a previous post that you are cool with the idea of a F-buddy but you want it to be on your terms. Sounds like this guy isn't able to be at your beck and call (key f-buddy criteria IMO) and your schedules don't really mesh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SomeXsBlue, I think you are right. While I'm not opposed to the occasional late night, I'm not as young as I used to be. Now that I work full-time, I have to be alert in the mornings. It'd be tough.

    Quite frankly, I'm really surprised I even heard from the guy again. We'll see if he contacts me next week. If we can't agree on a night at that time, I'm gonna call it a day (or midnight).

    Love Midnight Cowpoke! :)

    ReplyDelete