Thursday, December 23, 2010

"We're Disgusting:" An indulgent post, by Rock

Had another date with 2.0 last night. I'm trying to decide how many details are necessary and how many of them are just bragging.

Since he gave me a stocking, I gave him a present. At Doris's suggestion, I went for thoughtful instead of sentimental, which turned out to be a good choice: a pound of coffee and two coffee mugs from his favorite coffee shop.

We went to the light festival in a nearby park and walked around. He wanted his arm linked in mine at most times, which was the perfect amount of affection and discretion. He complained about the tourists who would stop in the middle of a narrow walkway, but then laughed it off, which was perfect.

We went to eat at one of my favorite restaurants in the city and walked back to my place to watch a movie and drink more wine.

Yada yada yada. I saw him naked for the first time. Yada yada yada. No complaints.

It was an amazing night that makes me want to use words I usually hate or roll my eyes at like "sensual."

We woke up and had coffee and coffee cake in bed. Perfect.

Which is the word he kept using. "This night has been perfect." "Lying in bed and drinking coffee: perfect."

We were talking about how there really hasn't been any drama and it's been really easy. He said he had told his friend about us and finished up with "Yeah, we're pretty disgusting."

He has mentioned a few times that Christmas came early this year. Stuff like that would usually sound smarmy and false, but he makes it sound sweet and genuine in the best dorkiest way possible.

He told me this morning about the dream he had last night where we were at a restaurant and it was some kind of game show or speed dating night and they wanted us to switch dates and we refused.

I can't handle how well this is going.

All of that anxiety I had about putting myself in a position to be hurt again was gone when I caught him smiling to himself throughout the night when he didn't realize I was looking. I can allow that sometimes good things are going to happen.

My mom often accuses me of being too picky, of not getting past faults. I tell her I have no problem holding out for something that feels absolutely right. Granted, it's still way too early to see where this is going, but if there's not the possibility for perfection, why waste my time? Time with 2.0 is time well spent.


No comments:

Post a Comment