Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What I Wish for Doris, by Rock

Doris had the bad luck of meeting a guy she could have married about 10 years before she should have. They learned a lot. They had a hard time letting go of each other. Doris needs to date, explore the field, and realize how fun it can be to go out on a date.

I hope Doris learns how to relax and assume the best is going to happen instead of preparing for the worst-case scenario. I hope she learns that there are lots of guys out there that could make her happy, and more importantly she could make happy. I hope she learns that relationships can be low-key AND long-term. Commitment doesn't always mean drama.

But I hope she dates around and gets laid a few times before she commits. She needs some “good not great” dates before the “great” dates start, if that makes sense. Hey mediocre boys! Here's your chance to get laid when you don't really deserve to!

Most of all, I hope that the guy she used to date stays with whomever he's dating for a long long time and doesn't booty-call Doris and get her off-track of wanting a little more for herself.

I lied. Most of all, I hope Doris is happy and gets the love she doesn't quite realize she deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment