Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And So It Goes, by Rock


Last night, two of my very good friends (pretty much my only set of "couple" friends that I approve of the relationship 100%) were in town. 2.0 and I met up with them for dinner and board games. It was BY FAR the most fun I've ever had on a double date. He held his own quite well, and it wasn't long before the friends were whispering their approvals.

On the walk back to my place, he invited me to accompany him in about 4 weeks on a the first half of a business trip to one of my favorite cities in the world. I told him I would love to if it worked out. I then said (About 7 beers in. Bravery in a bottle):

"So if you're inviting me on trips, what exactly are we? Are we ready for that word?"

This led to a conversation right inside my front door where we talked about what the b-word means to us: the honor and pride and seriousness it conveys. We both felt emotionally "there," but felt that if it was used too early it could cheapen it. We both admitted that we would be each other's next boyfriend. We talked again about how we were dating exclusively. I weighed all of this in my head and considered the following:

-I like his friends. His friends like me.
-He likes my friends. My friends like him.
-He likes me, and shows and tells this numerous times a day.
-He's considerate and kind.
-We want the same things in life.
-Using the b-word doesn't mean you're married. It just means that you think the other person is special and you're excited for the potential future.
-He has a really big penis.

I told him that whether it was tonight or in twenty more dates, he had a boyfriend when he wanted one. I told him to mull it over. He told me that yes, we should be boyfriends.

So I have a boyfriend. Time will tell if he's "the one" or the future EE#7.

And then...
We finally had sex. Eyes rolling back into their sockets sex. Keeping my douchebag-neighbor-who-so-had-it-coming up at 4a because I'm screaming so loud sex. Was sore all day today sex.

Totally worth the wait.

This morning I told him my concerns about the trip. I have had issues in the past (EE#2 with the lease and EE#5 with the Australia trip) where relationships went on longer than they should because of "plans." I told him my condition would be that I had flight insurance and he would promise to break-up with me if he was over it before the trip and not just "get through" that weekend.

He understood where I was coming from and agreed. I thought about it all day, and decided that one of my resolutions for 2011 was to go to this city, I will have a free hotel, I will have someone helping with airfare, I'm all about just acting like things are going to go my way because they usually do, yes. I'm going.

After we discussed the trip, we did one of my favorite things that we do where we lie in bed and hold each other and talk about how awesome we are. I call them (to his face, I totally call us out) our "patting ourselves on the backs conversations." It's not the catchiest name, but I'm working on it. This morning it was about how lucky we are that we're both really sweet and cuddly but then still really like sex and think it's important.

I can hear you gag as you read this.


No comments:

Post a Comment