Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Disabled, not Deleted, by Rock

Happy Holidays to the six of you that read this!

2.0 and I both went to our respective families for the holiday, but we talked on the phone and texted. We both got back on Sunday, and when I didn't have to go to work, he invited me out to have a few drinks with him and his oldest friend.

I was a little nervous about winning over this straight, opinionated guy that I had heard so many stories about, but we all seemed to have a good time. 2.0 and I are sliding into that couple role very nicely. When his friend was in the bathroom, we remarked to each other that every time we see each other it just feels better and better, when according to the time before seemed impossible (sorry for your gag reflexes).

Which brings me to the heart of this post. I just got on Connexion and marked myself as "Exclusively Dating." I just got on OKCupid and disabled my account. It will still be there in all its glory should I choose to sign in again, but I was tired of getting messages from guys, especially the guys that I would maybe be interested in if I was single, and feeling no desire to write them back. I'm investing myself for the time being in this. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, but this is where I am now and it's unfair to anyone looking at my profile to think otherwise.

Of course, the time I log in to disable the account, 2.0 finally pops up as a suggested match.

Speaking of, I really don't care if he disables his account or not. I won't be checking in on him. I don't think I'm ready for the "boyfriend" talk. This is just where I'm at now. This one is about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment