Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gimme a Break, by Doris


Cher Rock,

I'm ecstatic that you and 2.0 are currently floating on a first-base cloud. Truly. I wish you all the smoochies and Strangers With Candy marathons in the world.

However, regarding your challenge to me in your last post:
  • Our readers may not be aware of the fact that your job allows for far more flexibility than mine.

  • For me, the next two days consist of this: work, appointment, work, office Christmas party, hopefully yoga so I don't get fat from all the food I will inevitably ingest and therefore become unattractive to the dudes on OKCupid.
  • As this is the holiday season, everyone's partying and traveling (plus one of the boys I've been messaging with has finals this week). Including me. The only times I have free are as follows: Friday evening, Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon after the home pick-up of the charity I'm donating my old clothes to.

I know you are making a face right now and yelling, "Excuses, excuses, Doris, get on it dammit!"

So I'll make you a deal. I'll ask out one or more of the cuties I'm messaging with. If my limited time frame matches up with theirs, we will grab a coffee on Friday at the earliest.

Otherwise, my friend, I hope you don't have plans with 2.0 on Friday, 'cause we're heading to a straight bar!

Eye-rollingly yours,

Doris



1 comment:

  1. Actually, you have more time to go on dates than I do in regards to your job, seeing as you do not work evenings and weekends like I do. And it wasn't a challenge, just a reminder of the rules we've established together. But sadly I work on Friday night so we will have to find another night to hit the straight bars! But good luck with the messaging! Hope it works out!!

    ReplyDelete