Monday, December 20, 2010

A temporary break from the discussion of the past to discuss the present, by Rock


2.0 had not quite major, not quite minor surgery on Wednesday, so we've been doing a lot of texting and talking on the phone (not crazy amounts but we've definitely been in touch each day) but we haven't seen each other for a week. He was finally feeling well enough that I offered to come over this morning and cook him brunch.

I have to say, my scrambles were to die for. I'm really glad they worked out.

I also got a present. Now I had given him a book that he had said he wanted to read before his surgery. I was a little worried that it was too soon, but he seemed to really appreciate the gesture.

Today I got a thank-you card with a stocking full of candy. My favorite kinds of candy. We had had a candy discussion on our last date and I had in fact been planning a stocking for him but he beat me to it.

But the best were the Starbursts. I had mentioned that I have to take them out of the package, rearrange them in order of worst to best, and eat them in that order. This crazy, sweet boy took the Starbursts out of the wrapper and tied them up in groups of four with ribbon, in my order of worst to best with a bow on top of each one. It might just be the sweetest thing I've ever received from a boy.

He also drinks his coffee black, but remembered from my online profile how I dress my coffee. He went out this morning and bought me skim milk and splenda.

Where did I find him?

I actually had a bit of a freak out in my head toward the beginning of the morning. He's very good on paper and very considerate and kind, and I was nervous that I wouldn't see past this and look to see if we actually had a connection.

And it is important to remember that I have not decided that this guy should be my next boyfriend. As much as I like what I see, I don't have enough information to make an informed decision.

The way I worded it today was that "I am really excited to see where this goes with you." He liked the wording, and we seem to be in the same place.

This was borderline inappropriate and worded very carefully, but I told him that I wasn't actively looking for other people to date, and he had my full attention. He said he was in the same place. He then added that I was welcome to spend the night whenever I like, which seemed to be a big deal for him.

At the same time, we're still realistic about our expectations and realize just because we want to get to know someone, it doesn't mean we do know them. We're still taking it slow in the bedroom department. We realize that this is a work-in-progress.

Damn it shows promise though.

EDIT: Damn! (Double damn!). In my tiredness, I totally spaced on a big development. I changed my statuses on some sites. OKCupid says I'm seeing someone but still looking for dates. Connexion says I'm dating (which is different from exclusively dating). I didn't necessarily feel like I owed this to 2.0, but more to guys who are looking through profiles. For the time being, I'm committed to seeing where this goes, and I'm just not interested on going on a bunch of first dates. That's time better spent with friends, with 2.0, at the gym, watching bad reality television...

No comments:

Post a Comment