Sunday, December 12, 2010

Can You Hold On For One More Day?, by Doris

Now that Rock has encouraged me to be picky, I'm worried I'm getting TOO picky.

There's this semi-cute, very articulate guy who I've been messaging with. Notice I said semi-cute. Now, I'm not holding out for Jon Hamm (though that would be amazing). Ex-calibur certainly was no Adonis. But when I was in my early twenties, my very Catholic mother shocked the almighty hell out of me by saying, "You need to ask yourself: do I want to wake up with him in the morning?" Unexpected words of wisdom from a woman who married her high school boyfriend.

I'm not sure I'd want to wake up with Semi-Cute in the morning.

I'm torn. I mean, I wasn't attracted to Ex-calibur at first. Granted, I was in high school at the time, and I'd like to think my taste has gotten more varied than, say, Leonardo DiCaprio (who's still pretty hot, in my opinion).

But I'm getting a friend vibe from Semi-Cute. And this may sound bitchy, but I have enough friends.

In the meantime . . . there's another guy. I don't want to say too much, except I thought we really hit it off in messages, but I haven't heard from him in a couple of days. And this is bothering me more than I'd like to admit. Now, I know it's the weekend. And the holidays, where everyone is traveling and partying like crazy. AND not everyone checks their online dating accounts all the time. Not everyone is blogging about it like me and Rock.

I hate this. I hate being the whiny girl who waits.

I guess I'll poke around the site a little more.

But I'm afraid "semi" just isn't enough for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment